Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In Music: Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love



I'm really excited that one of my favorite bands, Florence and the Machine, has released a new video.  I first fell in love with the song "Drumming" last year and since then have listened to the entire album from start to finish repeatedly.  It's really refreshing to hear music that you haven't heard before, and I don't just mean a song you've never listened to.  Florence and the Machine is a completely different sound from anything else out right now.  The band is aptly named, with an industrial sound like blue man group coupled with the sweet yet powerful vocals of Florence.  The album "Lungs" is truly amazing all the way through.  There isn't one song I don't like.  This video for "Cosmis Love" is no surprise, their videos are always visually stunning and compliment the songs for which they are made.

★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment