Saturday, October 9, 2010

In Film: Alice in Wonderland


I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this movie, but I have to say, I really really liked it.  Once again, I had this movie from Netflix for about a month before actually getting around to watch it.  Technically, I guess it should be called, "Alice Goes BACK to Wonderland," but it's definitely an amazing movie.  It should go without saying that it's better in HD, but I think that this is probably one of the best movies for HD that I've seen so far.  Johnny Depp is brilliant, as is Helena Bonham Carter and the movie is definitely Tim Burton's doing.  There are lots of references to the classic cartoon film, and even to the original book, which I thought was extremely interesting.

The Good:  One of the best visually stimulating movies I have ever seen.  The acting is brilliant of course and the it's a Tim Burton movie, what more could you ask for?

The Bad:  Surprisingly, my least favorite thing about the movie was Anne Hathaway as the white queen.  She just seemed extremely out of place, which is strange because I usually adore her.

The Ugly:  While it's nice to create an adaptation of a classic movie, I honestly think it would have been amazing to follow the original storyline and just do it as a live action movie with Tim Burton's style.

Synopsis:  I will definitely own this movie and you should too!  If you're an obsessive fan of the classic Disney cartoons, then you may want to skip it because it is very different.

★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment