Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Film: The Lovely Bones


At first I was reluctant to watch this movie.  I heard very little about it, but what I had heard was generally good.  It sat in the red envelope for more than a week before I finally decided to watch it so I could send it back and get something new.  The beginning is like any other murder mystery buildup, fairly well done.  Mark Wahlberg's acting isn't completely heinous, but I still expect him to flop his shlong out and call himself a star.  Susan Sarandon, however, is amazing as always.  Once the murder happens, the movie takes an extremely pleasant turn.  The rest of the movie is stunningly beautiful and suspenseful and creepy.  I would recommend this movie to anyone and am planning on owning it soon.

The Good: The cinematography and CG are unbelieably beautiful and fun to watch.  Definitely get it on Blu-Ray as opposed to DVD.

The Bad:  The beginning tends to drag a little, but just hang on, it'll get a lot better!

The Ugly:  I think they could have chosen someone better than Marky Mark.

★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment