Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Music: Sheryl Crow - Stop


Sheryl Crow is out with a new album, and thankfully, takes a more bluesy approach.  I guess I should start by saying I've never really been much of a fan.  I'll bop my head along to one of her poppy songs on the radio from time to time, but have never owned an album.  To be diplomatic, I decided to get this new album and give it a whirl.  I'm actually pleasantly surprised!  There are still a few of those pop crap tunes that she'll no doubt toss on the airwaves and shovel down radio listeners throats, but the majority of the songs are more soulful and definitely inspired by the south.  My favorite song on the album so far is "Stop."  Take a listen below!

Song: Stop
Artist: Sheryl Crow
Album: 100 Miles From Memphis
Writer: Sheryl Crow
Label: A&M

 

★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment