Saturday, September 4, 2010

In Gadgets: Netflix for the iPhone


Finally! It's been released!  The much anticipated (by me at least) app from Netflix, has arrived!  I've had the chance to play around with it and I have to tell you, it's ALMOST perfect!  The streaming is extremely fast, even on 3G.  The quality is phenomenal and you can choose to zoom and crop the edges so there is no letterbox.  The thing that impressed me the most, is the fact that once you load a movie, which takes no time at all, you can maneuver the time slider to anywhere in the movie and it will start there immediately! No lag! You can also resume from where you left off on any other Netflix device. You can manage your instant queue and the interface is extremely well done and user friendly.  The absolute only downfall I have found with this app is the fact that you can't manage your disc queue and still need a third party app like Flixter to do so.  It seems like a small piece of the puzzle that would have completed the app and made it absolutely perfect.  Oh, and did I mention the app is free?

★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment